“Think before you click,” is a quote that everyone should remember when using social media for business. Always remember that your posts and comments reflect you and your business. One wrong move can taint your good business reputation and in extreme cases this can be virally spread. To avoid this, here are some tips to help manage your online reputation:
- Have a company social media policy – Especially if other people in your business have access to your social media profiles.
- Think before you post – Whenever writing a blog post or even a simple comment, think about it carefully. Ask yourself, will this comment offend someone? Could people misunderstand your message? Make sure that your posts are clear to avoid any kind of problems.
- Think before you reply – If ever you or your business receives a negative comment, don’t act in haste and start leaving bad replies in return. This is not how a good business owner works. Instead, keep calm and take this information as a guide to improve how your business works. Find a way to turn the criticism into a positive experience for the person and others that might see the discussion.
- Think before you fight – Sometimes, there will be people who will try to taint your business reputation and leave bad rumors. Do not do the same dirty tactic! Instead, correct any wrong information and block those who are just out to get you. It is important to show your clients that you do are not affected because your business testimonials show your good service.
- Actively seek and encourage positive feedback – By encouraging your customers to share their positive experiences and feedback on social media, you drown out the few negative comments. You will also attract loyal followers who will help defend your brand.
- Think before you delay – Did you know that most problems escalate when business owners do not reply promptly to a certain issue? It is important that you are constantly updated with what is happening to your business. If there are problems, you should be able to solve it promptly because delaying your action will make the clients think that you do not care. In that way, bad feedback is prevented.
Always keep in mind that as a business owner, you have an online reputation to take care of. These simple tips will not only help you gain a good reputation but will also assist in preventing future problems