One of the newest social media sites today is Pinterest. Although still on its early stages, it has garnered a lot of buzz with its feature of visual bookmarking. Through pictures, people can share their interest with others on their virtual pinboard. It’s not only fun but can be a good source of viral marketing buzz for your business. Pinterest is best used for businesses with a visually attractive element, anything that will make a great photo.
So how can you use Pinterest for your business? Here are some simple tips:
- Let people know you have Pinterest – This is the first step you need to do. After creating your own Pinterest account, install a Pin It button on your website. This will encourage people to share your content with Pinterest.
- Practice Crowdsourcing – Since Pinterest is more for targeting people visually, why not use your customers to spread a message about your business? For example, you can ask them to post pictures on Pinterest holding your product and ask them to tag you. This will show those who are curious about your business that yes, you do have a fanbase!
- Use Pinterest as a Focus Group – With Pinterest, people pin their likes on a virtual pinboard publicly. This is a very big deal especially if you are a business as you will have the chance to get real feedback as to what your customers like and what they things is so good they want to share it.
- Use Keywords and Hashtags – When tagging a pin, you can also write hashtags or keywords. This will make it easier for people to find content about your business in Pinterest.
- Link Your Own Site – Generate potential sales by linking back to your own website. In that way, people will not just only get to take a look at one product but your whole website as well!
- Do a Search for Pins from Your Website – That’s right! You can check whether someone pinned an image from your website in Pinterest. It’s very easy to do so. Just type in http://pinterest.com/source/YOURWEBSITEURL and you can see how many times people have pinned your website.
- Use Pinterest for Team Communication – Add some fun to your business by creating pinboards for your staff.
Pinterest can be a useful tool for the right business. Pinterest is exploading in popularity and user activity, it can help your site soar in popularity, build traffic to your site, increase your sites SEO strength and be closer to your target market. Always remember that the key to Pinterest is good, high quality pictures. Try to create awesome pictures and you are on your way to getting pinned!