Google+ Pages is the answer of Google+ to Facebook Pages. However, both have features that are different from each other. If you are still hesitant on whether or not to get a Google+ Business Page if you already have a Facebook Page, here are some pros and cons:
- When doing a search in Google, a Google+ Business Page and posts made on it may also show up in the search engines with other websites, this is because the Google + pages can be public and indexed in the search engine.
- The Google +1 feature on your website can increase the perceived ‘value’ of your website if your page is +1’d a lot of times, boosting its rankings in the search engines.
- The Google+ page offers a much cleaner interface when compared to a Facebook page.
- A business can also join discussions with people that have you in their Google+ circles. This serves as an avenue for more exposure of your business.
- Like a regular Google+ profile, there is also a Google+ Hangouts option for pages where you can video chat with other people. This is good if you plan to chat with potential clients or with business partners.
- There is also a Circles option which you can use if you want to share limited information to clients like for VIP members or business partners.
- There is no vanity url to your Google+ Page so it looks ugly when you give someone a link to your Google + Page, You can use a link shortener service or redirect from a page on your website. (which is a bit technical)
- It is not allowed to run contests and promotions on a Google+ Page.
- Google+ doesn’t have as wide an audience like Facebook and Twitter.
- You would need to register in Google+ to be able to use this feature.
With these pros and cons, you can make up a decision on whether or not to create an account in Google+ or stick to your own website and Facebook Page.